Wednesday 11 September 2013

NOTD : Polka Drips

Evening everyone ! This post has got to be really quick as I need to go and start cutting out some fabric before I go to bed ! I've been procrastinating all day and I've only done half the amount of stuff I should have for preparing the posts for while I'm away... there's still so much to do ! There was just so much else going on - my mum was busy making my birthday cake (which I'm getting a day early tomorrow, lucky me !), it's a chocolate chiffon cake with salted caramel buttercream and a chocolate ganache topping, and all the components taste soooooo good (if the raw mix is anything to go by, which is usually is) ! Anyway, I'm babbling, time for the nails !


These nails are inspired by a design I saw on Tumblr by Pinkie Grey, I just love the cartoon effect of the drips on each nail, and the contrast between the stark black and the pastel polka dots in the bachground - LOVE ! These techinically aren't a NOTD as I did them on Sunday (I think), but I'm still wearing the same design from when I did them on my right hand, so they still sort of are a NOTD ! Right ?!


I started with a base of American Apparel T-Shirt on all my nails, and then, from thumb to little finger, I used OPI Sparrow Me the Drama, P2 Hug Me, Essie Mint Candy Apple, Essie Lapiz of Luxury and OPI Planks A Lot for the dots. For the drips I of course used black acrylic paint, then just a dash of T-Shirt on each blob. This whole design was really easy to do, and even doing it with my non-dominant hand was fine, as sometimes I do struggle !


So that's it for today ! I'm going to go and sort out my fabric now, going to do some pressing me thinks ! Fun fun fun ! Wish me luck, I've still got loads and loads and LOADS of stuff to do before I leave for the UK on Tuesday ! Agggghhhhh !

5 comments:

  1. I'm not a big fan of dripping manicure but these look soooo good ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute with the dots in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks really 3D. Love this look x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute drip effects, love the dots too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Salted caramel buttercream? Umm, WANT! That sounds so delicious <3
    Haha, that totally distracted me from the nails, but they're so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...