Sunday 22 September 2013

Helen Dardik Week : Botanical Asylum

Hellooooooo everybody ! We've just come back from a very nice dinner at the Mozartplatz, both my mum and I had beef broth with a cheese dumpling to start and then pork wiener schnitzel with potatoes and salad - very yummy ! We did our own little walking tour around Salzburg today, lots of walking up and down steps and slopes so our legs are seriously knackered now !

I've got another Helen Dardik nail design for you today, inspired by her "Botanical Asylum" pattern. I ended up going for the colour scheme on the right of the last picture on that link, as I thought the light blue colour worked really well as a background, and I preferred the way they all went together.


This design probably took me the longest out of all of the designs I'm going to show you for this Helen Dardik series, mainly because I decided to do a completely different look on each nail ! My favourite part of this design is definitely the little white mistletoe type leaves that you can see at the tip of my index nail and at the cuticle end of my ring finger.


I started off with a base of OPI Can't Find My Czechbook, and then the flowers and leaves were all done using American Apparel T-Shirt, China Glaze Man Hunt, OPI Big Apple Red and OPI Sparrow Me the Drama. I think this design is probably more impressive when you look at it at the same time as the pattern it's inspired by, as you can see where all the different bits came from on the actual pattern !


So what do you all think ? Do you enjoy making your nails all completely different in one same design or do you find it takes too long to do ? I really like the way it all ties together, but then again I do love it when they all properly match !

I need to go and dry my hair now before I go to sleep, so I'll see you all again, same time tomorrow !

7 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...