Thursday 29 August 2013

Alphabet Nail Art Challenge : U for Universe

Hello everybody ! So what do you all think of the new layout then ? I'm really excited about it and really proud of what I've come up with, it's definitely a change for the better ! Anyway, I'm writing this post rather late tonight as we've had someone over for dinner, and while I managed to fit in painting my nails this evening, I didn't manage to get my photos or post sorted, so that's why it's late tonight ! Enough rambing, on to the nails !


I was excited about doing galaxy nails for the "U for Universe" theme, but as I've already done normal galaxy nails twice before (here and here, jeez those ones from last year seem like such a long time ago, I've definitely improved !) I decided that I wanted to do something different to the usual. I've been seeing plenty of pastel galaxy nail designs floating around the web recently, notably from The Nailasaurus, but I tried looking for plain pink galaxy nails and couldn't find anything so I knew that was my calling !


I started with a base of Essie Splash of Grenadine on my fingers, and then sponged on a cocktail of different pink shades, including OPI My Very First Knockwurst, OPI Suzi's Hungary Again, OPI Dim Sum Plum, OPI Sparrow Me the Drama, OPI Steady As She Rose, as well as OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls. I topped that with a coat of China Glaze Fairy Dust and then painted on some stars and representative spots in American Apparel T-Shirt using my nail art brush.

It's exactly the same method as I've used before for my previous galaxy nail designs, just with a different colour scheme !


So what do you all think of my pink galaxy nails ? You could do this in loads of different colours schemes, obviously, but since pink is one of my favourite colours (it's the one I have the most nail varnish shades of in any case) I think it's very fitting ! I just love galaxy nails in general really, they're so easy to do and not time consuming if you're not aiming to be particularly precise ! I do think that the Fairy Dust is a must-have though, it just adds so much depth to the whole thing !

Tomorrow's theme is vintage, and I have absolutely no idea what I'm going to do for that, so any suggestions are hugely welcomed ! Ta ta for now everyone !

5 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...