Thursday 25 October 2012

NOTD : Cartoon Nails

Well hello there everyone ! So it's a bit of a late post this evening which is a bummer, but I promised you all a great new NOTD today and I'm not one to break promises ! So I was trolling through my "inspiration" folder on my laptop, searching for ideas for today's nail art, and I came across something I've been meaning to do for a while now, and I absolutely love how it's turned out !


So this design is inspired by Nancy Mc, a totally amazing nail artist I'm sure any nail art fanatic has heard of on Tumblr ! I love all her designs, they're all so precise and always look great ! The nails I've done today are inspired by her cartoon Mickey Mouse nail designs she did a few weeks ago, and I seriously can't believe I've left it this long to recreate this design !


For this nail art, the polishes I used were American Apparel Hassid, OPI Danke-Shiny Red, and American Apparel T-Shirt. This was the first time I've done "nail framing", and I did the technique for doing a ruffian manicure, then painted the black over the tips of each nail. It was surprisingly easier than I thought, and I really love the way it looked, even without the white cartoon effect shines ! Many new ideas for future nail art ! Hooray !


So I hope you all like my recreation of Nancy Mc's design, I certainly do and I'll be sad when I have to take it off... oh well, I'm sure I'll get over it when I come up with another design, I always do ! Do any of you have inspiration folders full of nail art you turn to when you're low on ideas ?

Have a great day tomorrow everyone !

5 comments:

  1. It's very striking! The border frame really brings it out nicely :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing!! I love it - framed mani's is one of my favorite looks, I've only done it once and have not blogged about it, but I will be trying soon, especially after seeing this amazingness!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really pretty and really striking! I'll definitely be taking some inspiration from it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's really lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They're bright, girly & cheerful. I like it :)
    more nail art design visit this website http://www.differentstyleofpolkadotsnailart.imsets.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...