Sunday 23 September 2012

TMH Fashion Week : House of Holland

So hello and welcome to this week's new series : Try My Hand Fashion Week ! I have a full seven days, from Monday to Sunday (whilst I'm preparing my move to uni in the UK), of nail art inspired by fashion designers either fresh from the runway at New York fashion week, or way back from Spring 2012 ! So prepare yourselves for a week of funky prints and bright patterns, it's TMH Fashion Week !

Hey there guys ! So today marks the last day of this TMH Fashion Week of scheduled posts, and I'll be back tomorrow with a brand new NOTD for you all ! I've chosen a British designer I really love for this last post in the series, and I hope you all like it !


So as you've probably seen, this is a design by House of Holland from Fall 2012 ! Okay so my zigzags are a bit wonky, but I loved how this turned out ! I really need to practice my nail art brush skills some more, but I'm happy with how this looks all the same ! I had a hard time choosing which design I was going to recreate, because all the House of Holland Fall 2012 collection was full of bold patterns that would look great on nails, by I ended up choosing this one, as it's simple yet stunning !


For this design, I started off with a base of Butter London Royal Navy, this is my first ever Butter London nail polish, and I can tell you, I'm in love ! It practically painted itself, the formula was amazing (best ever) and this is the first navy polish I've had that hasn't stained my nails to death ! LOVE ! For the zigzags, I started off with a big chunk of which zigzags so that all the colours on top would show up well, and for the colours I used P2 Flirt With Me, Kiko Electric Blue, OPI Big Apple Red, Barry M Blueberry Ice Cream and P2 Summer to Go !. I could have done with slightly more opaque colours, so they could have all shown up, but I still like how it looks.


And that's it everyone ! Can you believe it, the end of another series ! I'll be back tomorrow with some brand new nails, no doubt in tune with the theme for the Freshers Week event for that evening, so make sure you tune in for that !

See you tomorrow everybody !

2 comments:

  1. gorgeous nails!:)

    http://laurenlovesmakeupxoxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this! I'd try nail art but it looks so complicated :(
    http://annieetcetera.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...