Friday 21 September 2012

TMH Fashion Week : Comme des Garçons

So hello and welcome to this week's new series : Try My Hand Fashion Week ! I have a full seven days, from Monday to Sunday (whilst I'm preparing my move to uni in the UK), of nail art inspired by fashion designers either fresh from the runway at New York fashion week, or way back from Spring 2012 ! So prepare yourselves for a week of funky prints and bright patterns, it's TMH Fashion Week !

Okay so we're nearing the end of this fashion series, but I still have a couple more posts for you all, so not to worry ! Today's featured design is Comme des Garçons, a Japanese label which is showcased at Paris fashion week ! The designs I've seen by them are pretty outlandish, with loads of great designs that are totally redo-able in nail art, which is always something I love !


I think the end result is pretty similar ! As you can see, this is from the Fall 2012 release, and I think the design is really easy to transfer to nails ! I didn't bother going into detail on the edges of the flowers, but I like how it turned out so that's fine in my book ! I could maybe have done with using a slightly brighter pink that the one I used, but oh well !


So the polishes I used in today's design were P2 Glory, a great dark grey creme I've been looking for for a while now, for the base colour, then I made a grid with my Models Own Wah Nails nail art pen in white before filling in the squares in a checkered pattern with Konad Special Polish in White. I then used a dotting tool and dotting on five dots to form a flower/circle shape with OPI Sparrow Me the Drama. I really need to work on my "check" skills, drawing the grid was a good idea originally, but the grey blocks turned out far smaller than the white ones because of the lines, my OCD self cannot cope !


And once again, that's all for today ! Only two more days left, but I promise they'll be good ! Also, I hope you enjoy your day !

4 comments:

  1. I'm the same exact way - that's why I have yet to attempt freehand checkers - I like things to be even and perfect - lol! You did amazing though - that dress is hideous but the patter is perfect for nails!! Very nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work, looks just the same.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...