Saturday 1 September 2012

NOTD : Right Hand Stripes

Okay, so who's ready to meet my right hand ? I did my nails like I said I would in preparation for me going over to the UK the week before I start at university, and my left hand took so long to do, I just did a similar design on my right hand, but a lot simpler and therefore quicker ! If it hadn't have been 1 o'clock in the morning, I may have persevered, but because it was so late, I just did a quick shortcut for this hand. But I think it's quite good posting my "non-dominant" hand just to sort of mix things up a bit ! What do you think ?


Now, I'm not going to tell you what inspired these nails, as I'm saving that for my series week for when I go to England, so I'm afraid you'll just have to wait a little while to find out ! However I absolutely love the combination of red, nude and black (red and nude especially, as you've seen before), and really wanted to do just plain stripes for my right hand.


The polishes I used for this design were OPI Big Apple Red, OPI Did You 'Ear About Van Gogh ? and Barry M Black. I hardly ever simplify my nail art when it comes to doing nail art with my non-dominant hand, but I was just so tired last night, I couldn't face making it all uniform. I personally love it when all my nails are exactly the same, or with the same design at least, so having two different hands at the moment is quite disconcerting ! But that doesn't matter anyway as I'm about to take the polish off so that I can do another preparation manicure for when I go away !

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed meeting my right hand, and you should let me know whether you want to see more photos of both hands/just my right hand/comparisons between how both hands turn out ! How do you go about painting with your non-dominant hand ? Do you simplify designs, do the same or just use plain colours ?

1 comment:

  1. I love this color combo!!! Nude is like the new black, it goes with everything!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...