Tuesday 4 September 2012

As Seen On : The Daily Nail

So at this current moment I am on holiday in Cologne (and will be for the next few days), so I've got a whole 6 days of scheduled posts for you, as part of an "As Seen On..." series. So from Monday to Saturday, I'll be featuring some of the very first nail blogs I started reading, bloggers who inspired me to start my very own nail art blog, and re-creating one of their manicures for each day of this series !

As you've probably seen in the title of this post, today I will be making an hommage to The Daily Nail, a blog run by Melissa for the past (almost) 3 years. Now, anyone who happens to stumble upon Melissa's blog has to have some sort of respect for her, I mean come on, she did her nails (without fault, may I add) every day for a whole 365 days ! I discovered her blog about half way through her year of nail art, and from then on visited her blog every day to see what new design she'd come up with ! That girl has soooooo much imagination when it comes to nail art it's unbelievable ! So without further ado, here are the nails I re-created from Melissa's year of nail art !


So the nail art I re-created for this second post in this series is the "What's the Mod-der ?" design that Melissa did after her nail-art-year had ended. I loved this design as soon as I saw it, and actually did it relatively soon after she posted it (I'll show you that picture at the end !), but I felt I really ought to re-do it, as it really is a great design, and looks so effective !


The polishes I used for this design (all of which are different to Melissa's original post) were OPI Alpine Snow, Barry M Black (I seriously need a new black, hopefully a China Glaze or OPI one), Barry M Bright Purple, Barry M Blueberry Ice Cream, Barry M Lemon Ice Cream, OPI My Back Pocket and Kiko Acid Green.

This design is so good for beginners at nail art (as it was for me when I first did it) because the only tool you need is a dotting tool ! Melissa actually posted a tutorial for this design, which I was very grateful for when I first tried this one out ! Who'd have thought that putting 4 dots together could make a flower ? A-mazing !

So here is my first attempt at these nails which I did about 18 months ago (note the lack of photography skills and clean-up), these were one of my better designs ! I personally think I've come a long way !


So there we have it, the second installment in my As Seen On... series ! Tune in tomorrow for another one of my famous blogger manicure re-creations ! Here's a hint : she's a real celebrity in the nail world !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...