Tuesday 21 August 2012

White, Pink and Black Spots

Hey there guys, quick post today as I need to do my nails.. I've started picking off all the bits off fimo eyes from my sugar skulls I showed you in yesterday's post ! So I did this design last month before going on holiday (without taking any nail polishes with me, may I add), and it actually managed to last for 5 whole days without me getting frustrated and bored with it and ripping it off ! So proud of myself !


So you may be thinking you've seen this design on my blog before, and you'd be right ! I mentioned in my blue spots post that I'd done a similar design previously, and this is it ! I prefer this one to the blue spots, I just love the combination of black, pink and white. Such a classic !


I suffered with pretty major shrinkage with the pink nails, which I think is most probably due to the fact that I used three coats and didn't let the second coat dry completely before putting the third on. And then to make matters worse, I put my Seche Vite on before the third coat was dry.. oops !

For this design I used Barry M Strawberry Ice Cream for the pink colour. I reaaaaally love this colour, but it's more like a jelly than a creme and doesn't become opaque enough for my liking, can anyone recommend a great similar pink colour that's a creme polish ? Other than that, I used OPI Alpine Snow and my Models Own Wah Nails nail art pen in black for the two dotty accent nails.


So that's it ! I'm off to change my nails, I can't cope any longer with the rough gritty old glue surface on my nails ! Major buffing alert !

By the way, today is the last day of voting for the finalists in Makeup Savvy's nail challenge ! Don't forget to vote for my nails in entry "A" if you have the time !

6 comments:

  1. this looks really nice :) how many coats of the white nail polish did you use? i've been looking for a really good white polish for a while and this looks like a good one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ! I used 2 coats of OPI Alpine Snow, it's the best white nail polish I've found so far ! Not at all chalky and the drying time is impeccable !

      Delete
  2. Hi according to seche vites web page instructions, and how we have always done it in our spa, seche vite top coat must be applied on wet polish in order for it to penetrate all layers and make them one rock hard coat upon drying, This is what makes the seche top coat more durable wear than any others. Love your blog and all your designs you are very talented :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...