Saturday 25 August 2012

NOTD : Hawaiian Hibiscuses

Hey there everyone ! Now before I start talking about my nails, I just wanted to say a huge great big thank you to all those who voted for me in Makeup Savvy's nail challenge, and also to Fee for organising such a great challenge ! It means so much to have won, and all your comments regarding the nails that were chosen have been wonderful to read ! Thank you all !

Now, onto the nails ! I fancied some florals on my nails today, this being because I haven't done floral nails for aaages (does a few weeks count as ages ?) ! I didn't want to do my usual floral format for today's design, and so I was racking my brain for some inspiration in the form of flowers.


So the inspiration for these nails was actually one of the themes for my university's Freshers Week parties, that being "tropical luau", which automatically makes me think of all things Hawaii ! So I therefore decided that for my nails today, I would do a typical sort of cheesy hawaiian T-shirt design ! I went for the blue colour because I didn't fancy using red because it's such a pain to clean up !


For this design the polishes I used were Barry M Cyan Blue and then for the hibiscus flowers I used my Models Own Wah Nails nail art pen in white. I practiced doing a few of the flowers on a plastic surface (the same one I used for yesterday's Splatter Mani as a matter of fact), and I did contemplate painting the flowers with a nail art brush, but decided that the nail art pen was far easier for me to do the design on my right hand as well as my left.


So there we are everybody ! I hope you like this design as much as I do, I can't stop looking at my nails haha, but then again, when do I ever stop looking at my nails ?

Now I'm off to go help mother tidy up the house in preparation for family friends arriving tomorrow ! I'll make sure I get a post up before they arrive so I don't get sidetracked and lose time !

Plus thank you again to everyone that voted for me in the nail challenge ! I'm really thankful to each and every one of you !

3 comments:

  1. This is such a clever design, and it really does look like the print. Really liking how it looks. I didn't realise it was freehand - very impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. totally love your blog!!your designs are great!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...