Friday 27 July 2012

NOTD : London 2012

Now as you all know (unless you've been living in a hole for the past 7 years) the Olympic Games are coming to London ! In a matter of 4 hours over a billion people all over the globe will be watching the opening ceremony, and I (of course) had to do some nail art for the occasion.


And there we are ! I decided to amalgamate all things Olympics to create the nail art of London 2012 ! On my thumb I painted the Olympic rings, on my index finger I just wrote "LDN 2012", on my middle finger I painted on the official games logo for this year's Olympics, on my ring finger as you can see by the photo I did the Union Jack (for Team GB or for the fact that it's being held in England, you decide !) and then on my little finger I drew the torch on.


I am overall really pleased with how these nails turned out ! Despite the inconvenience of not having a green or a red nail art pen and having to use my nail art brush instead, I think I managed quite well ! My favourite nail is probably my middle finger with the logo, I was dreading painting on the logo as it is rather abstract, but I am sooo happy with how it turned out !


So I used quite a lot of polishes to make this design, so I'll do a list nail by nail :
Thumb : OPI Alpine White, OPI Big Apple Red, Collection 2000 Ninja, Models Own Wah Nails nail art pen in black, yellow and blue.
Index : Barry M Blueberry Ice Cream, OPI Big Apple Red, Models Own Wah Nails nail art pen in black, white and blue.
Middle : Barry M Cyan Blue, Models Own Wah Nails nail art pen in white, OPI Dim Sum Plum.
Ring : Kiko Electric Blue, Models Own Wah Nails nail art pen in white, OPI Big Apple Red.
Little : OPI Did You 'Ear About Van Gogh, Barry M Gold Foil, Accessorize Gold Dust, OPI My Back Pocket, Barry M Yellow, OPI Big Apple Red.


And here's a bonus photo of my right hand to show you what I did with that (as I don't think I'd have had the patience to copy what I did on my left hand !). Please excuse the rather atrocious photography, I don't think I've yet mastered taking photos with my left hand, plus the fact I can't actually see the screen to see what I've taking a photo of as it's covered by my hand trying to push to capture button !


 And there we are ! Olympic Nails ! Now I'm currently watching the countdown on BBC1 until 9 o'clock when the opening ceremony starts ! Will you be watching the ceremony ? Are you planning on tuning in to any of the sports during the following 2 weeks ? Have you done any Olympics nail art for the occasion ? Ahhh so many questions !

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...